Siloe Clinic: Regenerative medicine in Benidorm, Altea, Albir and Calpe.
Request an appointment
Regenerative medicine is a new and advanced specialty dedicated to the repair, replacement and regeneration of cells, tissues and organs, with the aim of restoring function that has been lost due to injury, congenital causes or aging. One of the key components of regenerative medicine is the use of cell replacement strategies that normally require stem cells.
Regenerative medicine involves three processes: Rejuvenation, Replacement and Regeneration.
- Rejuvenation means increasing the body’s natural ability to heal itself. It has been shown that cells and tissues are capable of remodeling and possess the ability to heal themselves.
- The replacement involves the process of extracting key ingredients, to activate natural healing factors and apply them to areas of the body to decrease inflammation, reduce scarring and improve healing.
- Regeneration involves the delivery of specific types of cells or cell products to tissues or organs , in which they will ultimately restore tissue and organ function. This can be done through cell therapy or through the use of cellular products, such as growth factors that originate in placental tissue, bone marrow and regenerative medicine, which promise definitive and affordable health care solutions that heal the body from within. In addition, we use the application of tissue micrografts and ultra-filtered cells such as cartilage, hair follicles, skin and other tissues along with tissue growth factors, which are found in blood plasma platelets and is known as PRP – Plasma rich in platelets or autologous plasma.
These cutting-edge therapies promise definitive and affordable solutions for the comprehensive health care of our patients.
Medical director specializing in regenerative and anti-aging medicine
Dr. Oscar Alberto Mayorga Suarez
N. Col: 0311251.
- Surgeon ECM.
- Regenerative and Anti-Aging Medicine University of Valencia Spain
- Anti-Aging Medicine University of Seville Spain /li>
- Immunology and microbiology U. Javeriana Bogotá Colombia
- Immunology and allergies U. Paris V
- Natural Medicine U. Paris XIII
- Member of the Spanish Society of Anti-Aging and Longevity Medicine: SEMAL
RegenBioCell: Unit of anti-aging and regenerative medicine.
Our regenerative medicine unit RegenBioCell uses the most advanced Biotechnology in the application of stem cells and cell growth factors, for tissue regeneration in anti-aging, chronic degenerative diseases, metabolic diseases, autoimmune and nervous system diseases.
It activates the natural capacity for regeneration and revitalization of tissues and organs through an innovative procedure that uses activated adult stem cells and growth factors derived from the patient’s own adipose tissue, bone marrow and blood.
Once applied, these stem cells develop their natural capacity to stimulate the regeneration of affected tissues and organs.
Frequently Asked Questions about Stem Cells
What are stem cells?
The three key properties of stem cells are so fundamental in regenerative medicine are:
- The self-renewal ability , dividing in a way that makes copies of themselves.
- The the ability to differentiate , resulting in the types of mature cells that make up our organs and tissues.
- Can lead to specialized cell types .
For more than 50 years, doctors have been using bone marrow transplants to transfer blood stem cells to patients. We are now using more advanced techniques to collect and inject stem cells into the area of the body that is injured.
Imagine that the pain disappears and the body can heal itself after a stem cell procedure.
How are stem cells obtained?
The RegenBioCell method consists of the application of stem cells obtained from the adipose tissue (fat) or from the patient’s own bone marrow, associated with growth factors obtained from the patient’s blood plasma, depending on the disease.
What treatments can we do with stem cells?
At Siloe Clinic, we use stem cells for the treatment of:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Degenerative arthrosis
- Neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson’s
- Autoimmune diseases
- Erectile dysfunction
- Facial Impairments
- Other chronic and degenerative diseases
Autologous Plasma Frequently Asked Questions
What are growth factors?
Growth factors are body-produced protein molecules that regulate cell division and cell survival .
They bind to receptors on the cell surface, activating cell proliferation and/or differentiation. Growth factors are quite versatile, stimulating cell division into numerous different cell types; while other growth factors are specific to a particular cell type.
Growth factors can also be produced by genetic engineering in the laboratory and used in biological therapy.
How is autologous plasma obtained with growth factors?
Plasma is a clear, light yellowish liquid in which red blood cells, white blood cells and platelets are found . Mineral salts and proteins that regulate the functioning of our organism are also present.
The Plasma Rich in Platelets is a portion of the plasma of your own blood , obtained by centrifugation, which has a greater amount of platelets and growth factors.
Which lesions can be treated with autologous plasma with growth factors?
Treatments of sports injuries with autologous plasma rich in growth factors have gained prominence in the recovery of sports injuries, to drastically improve the recovery of muscles, tendons and bones, shortening the recovery period.
- Tendon lesions: Overburdened tendons and tendinitis form a significant proportion of musculoskeletal lesions. Tendon healing tends to be slow. Growth factors bind to tendon cells, reduce inflammation and stimulate cell proliferation and regeneration.
- Muscle lesions: from haematomas to fibrillary ruptures, muscle healing takes place in a series of steps, which overlap – inflammation, proliferation and remodeling. The steps are regulated by the presence of growth factors, which improve muscle regeneration, and also muscle strength.
- Articular cartilage lesions: this pathology continues to grow due to increased practice of physical activity. Growth factors stimulate the formation of chondrocytes that are capable of regenerating the cartilage.
- Bone lesions: fissures, fractures…. platelets are a natural vehicle for growth factors and cytokines that promote the process of bone mineralization. Growth factors together with morphogenic bone proteins released from mesenchymal stem cells are responsible for the activation of chondroblasts and osteoblastics differentiation and production of new bone matrix.
What advantages are obtained in aesthetic medicine treatments with autologous plasma rich in growth factors?
- Improved skin consistency : increases dermal stratum thickness in all skin types.
- Remodeling of the dermis: remodels the collagen beams and reduces solar elastosis.
- More hydrated skin: An increase in hyaluronic acid is associated with increased skin hydration, and PRP significantly increases the production of endogenous hyaluronic acid.
- Effects sustained over time: The release of growth factors occurs gradually, allowing the biological response to be prolonged over time.
Regenerative medicine terraces with autologous plasma and stem cells
The application of autologous plasma rich in growth factors , has been applied for several years since it favors regeneration at all levels of tissues, can be used in facial and body aesthetics, joint diseases, and wound healing among others.
The regenerative medicine unit RegenBioCell uses the most advanced Biotechnology in the application of cell growth factors and stem cells, for tissue regeneration in anti-aging, metabolic diseases, autoimmune and nervous system diseases and chronic degenerative diseases.